Mascara is a completely individual thing and everybody will have their own personal preferences. It largely depends on what your natural eyelashes are like – most people will choose a mascara which will ‘fix’ any problems they might perceive their lashes to have without make up. Here are some tips to help you find the right mascara for you:
- Experiment with different colours. You may find that you suit brown more than black, or vice versa. There are also a number of brightly coloured mascaras which can create a bold, unique look.
- Decide what you want your mascara to do for you. Some will focus on lengthening your lashes, others will boost volume and some will be more about the colour. Others offer a unique selling point, such as organic ingredients.
- Collect as many free testers as you can. If you buy from good brands, they will often give away very generously-sized freebies. This will allow you to test out new mascaras without having to buy a full-sized tube.
- Be patient. Mascara can take a week or two to get used to. It may feel a little runny at first, so if you don’t like it on the first day you use it, persevere.
- Try different brands. We all have our favourites and sometimes we’re not willing to move outside of our comfort zone, but you might discover something amazing.
- Decide which kind of brush you like to use. Brushes comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes and some will work better for your lashes than others.