Makeup on a night out can be tough. It can be really difficult to get it to stay looking good, without making it look like you are wearing a lot of makeup in the first place. However, there are things you can do to help. Here are some of our top tips to make your makeup last:
- Use good quality makeup. This will last much longer and will give your skin a more ‘polished’ look. The makeup itself will also last a lot longer, so you will be able to use it for many nights out to come.
- Apply a base coat. This can be really quite thick and solid as it will form the base for all the rest of your makeup. As long as it is well blended, it won’t look like you have too much makeup on.
- Use an anti-shine cream underneath your makeup. This will help to keep your skin looking matte and fresh. It’s the perfect way to avoid that greasy look you can get after a few hours spent on the dance floor!
- Use a makeup setting spray. This will help to seal your makeup on your face, preventing it from running and fading. Some people even use hairspray to do this – we wouldn’t recommend this option, as it can cause irritation to the skin, especially if used around the eyes.
- Seal your makeup with powder. This will help to keep it in place for longer by setting the creams/ foundations you have used underneath. You can use a loose powder for a translucent finish, or a pressed powder if you’d like a little bit more coverage.
Follow these tips to get gorgeous makeup ready for any big night out. Your makeup will be the envy of everybody!